Creating Order

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

North Coast Beaches


Today was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz. It was sunny and clear all day. So I drove up the coast north of town. I pulled off of Highway 1, just south of Davenport. I found a parking space and I spent the rest of the afternoon hiking along the bluffs overlooking the ocean. The views were gorgeous.

Occasionally, I would climb down to a beach and wander around the beach taking pictures. Or I would just sit on the beach and soak in the sun and the beauty. This beach is about a half a mile south of Davenport. It is a very pretty beach and there were only about 3 people on the beach. After wandering around this beach for a while, I climbed back up the bluff and headed south.



After about 15 minutes, I came across Bonny Doon beach. It is a large beach with about 10-15 people on it. The day was sunny and warm, but there was a cool breeze off of the ocean that kept the temperature comfortable. I sat on the edge of the bluff and enjoyed the view. From there, I turned around and headed back north. I hiked past the first beach.



I came across this beach just by Davenport. I am not sure of the name, maybe Davenport beach? Again, a large beach with about 5 people on it. I sat on the bluff overlooking this beach for about 15 minutes. A number of seagulls would float on the air currents above me. They would pass about 15 feet over my head. It felt like I could reach up and touch them if I wanted.



Just as I was getting ready to return to my car, a train came past. It runs several times a week from the cement plant in Davenport into Santa Cruz. This is the train that goes past our house in Santa Cruz and drives our dogs crazy!





It was a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Very relaxing. More of my photos can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home