Weekend in Pismo Beach
Last weekend, we went to Pismo Beach for my cousin's wedding. They wanted to keep it low key, so they had the wedding ceremony in a grove of trees close to the beach and the reception was a beach party. We were looking forward to some time away from home and to see a bunch of relatives that we don't see vary often.
We left late Friday morning for the drive down. I was kind of surprised how hot it was in the central valley. The heat kept rising until we were about 30 miles out of Pismo Beach. It peaked at 108 degrees! I was thinking that it might be a hot weekend. However it was pretty foggy and overcast in Pismo beach with temperatures in the high 60's/low 70's. And it was pretty windy. It was not cold enough to keep people off of the beach, but it certainly wasn't hot.
I should note that most of the people in our group were from the Fresno area, so they were pretty happy with the cooler weather.
Pismo State Beach allows cars on the beach. It was strange to see so many cars on the beach. Mark and Mary Kay marked out an area which was inland a bit from the ocean. We were only a few hundred feet from the ocean, but we could barely see the water there were so many cars!
It was a fun trip. It was great to see my cousins and aunts and uncles. And even though it was not too warm, it was a very pleasant day at the beach. Oh yeah, Barbara got to sneak out one afternoon to the Pismo Beach Outlet Mall and she really enjoyed that!
PS - I took the camera but did not take it out of my suitcase. I guess if I am going to start blogging again, I need to take some pictures!
We left late Friday morning for the drive down. I was kind of surprised how hot it was in the central valley. The heat kept rising until we were about 30 miles out of Pismo Beach. It peaked at 108 degrees! I was thinking that it might be a hot weekend. However it was pretty foggy and overcast in Pismo beach with temperatures in the high 60's/low 70's. And it was pretty windy. It was not cold enough to keep people off of the beach, but it certainly wasn't hot.
I should note that most of the people in our group were from the Fresno area, so they were pretty happy with the cooler weather.
Pismo State Beach allows cars on the beach. It was strange to see so many cars on the beach. Mark and Mary Kay marked out an area which was inland a bit from the ocean. We were only a few hundred feet from the ocean, but we could barely see the water there were so many cars!
It was a fun trip. It was great to see my cousins and aunts and uncles. And even though it was not too warm, it was a very pleasant day at the beach. Oh yeah, Barbara got to sneak out one afternoon to the Pismo Beach Outlet Mall and she really enjoyed that!
PS - I took the camera but did not take it out of my suitcase. I guess if I am going to start blogging again, I need to take some pictures!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home