Creating Order

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Nice Jacket!



This afternoon, Ben and I went out to do some grocery shopping. On the way, we stopped at a bike store. I wanted to get some advice on a ride. Ben decided to go for a short walk. It took me about 10-15 minutes to finish in the bike store. I returned to the car and Ben is nowhere in sight. I started to read a magazine and in a few minutes, Ben comes sprinting up the car. He jumps in the car, throws two jackets in the back seat and says, "Dad, we gotta go NOW! Some crazy Spanish woman may come, wanting one of these jackets back!"

Earlier, after I entered the bike store, Ben started on his walk and came upon a thrift store. He wandered in, hoping to find a deal. He saw the jacket in the picture above. The clerk told him that he should not buy that coat. He insisted that he wanted the jacket. She asks Ben if he was from Hollywood. She says that only someone from Hollywood would want that jacket. Ben says no, he is from San Francisco. She replies "That makes sense, there are alot of free thinkers in San Francisco." A guy standing nearby, says that "If you get this coat, you have to get yourself a horn!" The clerk states that she refuses to sell Ben this jacket!

The clerk is called over to a customer by the door. Ben did not realize it at the time, but it is a women's jacket and it is about two sizes too small, but no matter. He selects another jacket and buys both jackets from a second clerk for $4.31 ($3.00 for the jacket above). He then runs out the door, waving the jacket at the first clerk. The clerk screams, "NOOOOO, Bring Back That Jacket!"

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger kg said…

    :) That's pretty funny. Nice jacket, BTW. Where will Ben wear that?

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    I am not sure how well I captured it, however it was hilarious. We are still chuckling about it now.

    Ben wore the jacket to dinner Friday night. It certainly draws attention :-)

    I am really glad that he came to Palm Springs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home