Creating Order

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Vacation Retrospective - Part 2

Pleasant Surprises:

By far the biggest surprise was the Jail Ministry. As I mentioned before, there is no way that I would have ever guessed that I would end up doing this. And I was very surprised how powerful the experience was. Like many of these types of things, I got at least as much out of it as the inmates did. Since I am starting a new job, I have decided to take a month or two off. I may start again in December. It all depends on the demands of the new job.

I am also surprised at how much I have enjoyed writing in this blog. Not only do I enjoy the process of writing the entries, I have also found that I enjoy doing research for the entries. Whenever I visited a state park, I would spend some time researching the park on the web. I have enjoyed learning interesting facts about the park and it adds to my appreciation of the park. After I have seen a movie that I find notable, I will write a quick review or an outline of a review, and then I will go look at other reviews. Again, I find some more interesting information about the movie and it adds to my appreciation of the movies. I am not sure how active I will be on this blog in the upcoming months. Clearly, I will have less time to write entries and less time to do interesting things that I want to write about. It may go down to nothing or maybe my entries will just be less frequent.

Note: Today is also the 8-month anniversary of this blog. I wrote my first entry on January 29th. In those eight months, I have written 205 posts. An average of just over 25 posts a month. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Finally, the weekend in San Francisco was great. I expected to have fun, but it was even better than I expected. Everything turned out great and there were no disappointments, just a great weekend. From the Giants game, to the Farallon Restaurant, visting with good friends, to the play, to the nice hotel with the GREAT bed. Hmm, maybe this should be something that we do every year for my birthday. We'll see.

Next: Fun Activities

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home