November 2010 DG Posts
---------------------------------------
Sunday, November 28, 2010 - Casual solo round at Dela
I had not played in a week and a half, so this was just a casual early round at Dela. It was pretty busy on hole 1, so I started on hole 20, played a complete round and then played 20-24 again for a total of 33 holes. Since I had not played in a while, I often threw multiple drives. I tried to always play from the first drive, but not always. Remebering my best drives, i played very well, I had a number of great drives.
My third forehand drive on 20 set up an easy par. Great backhand drive on 21 to set up a drop in birdie. Nice drive on 22, but ok approach shot left me with a bogey. That is proving to be a pretty difficult approach shot for me. I need to work on that shot. Great drive on 23 left me behind the basket and behind a tree for a bogey. Nice drive on 24 gave an easy par. Ok drive on 25 left me in a muddy spot. I could not get good enough footing for an approach and it left me with a bogey. On 26, I had a good drive. My approach hit the rim of the hill and the disc rolled down the hill. I ended up with a double bogey. Nice drives on 26a and 27 left me with easy pars.
On hole 1, I had a great drive which set up an easy par. Hole 2 was a poor drive that led to a bogey. Great drive and a birdie on hole 3. Very good drives on holes 4 and 5 let to easy pars. I probably had my best string of drives ever on holes 6 thru 8a. On hole 6, two back hand drives left me with 30-35 foot birdie putts. On hole 7 a great back hand drive left me with a 40 foot birdie putt. Great backhand drive on 8 left me with a 45 foot approach shot (behind small tree). Very nice backhand drive on 8a left me with a 30 foot birdie putt. Hole 9 was an average par. On hole 10, it was not a very good forehand drive, though it bounced off of a tree and left me with an easy 45 foot approach shot.
Great forehand drive on 11 left me with a 45 foot approach shot. Not so good backhand anhyzer on 12 rolled back down hill and left me with an impossible approach shot from under a tree ending up with a bogey. No so good drives on 13 left me with a double bogey. Ok drives on 14 and 15 left me with pars. A couple of nice drives on 16, so-so approach shot and a bogey. Nice drives on 18 and 19 set up easy pars.
I had two birdies. Even better, I had a number of drives that left me with 30-40 foot birdie putts. The worst part is that I did not make any of them.
-------------------------------------
Thursday, November 18, 2010 - Early solo round at Dela
I got there extra-early (6:45am) and played a full round. My score was not very good for a variety of reasons. Most important, I had a number of poor drives. I also had a fair amount of bad luck (I hit the telephone pole on hole 6, my drive on 8 was not bad, but it stopped right behind a tree, on 12, I had a good drive that rolled. My approach was not bad and it rolled back down farther than my original position.) And as always, it was not all bad. On hole 25, I drove past the tree backhand. My farthest drive on this hole. On hole 26, I drove to the top of the hill (maybe for the first time - forehand). All in all, it felt like a sloppy round. Part of it was that I felt a bit rushed, I wanted to complete the course before 8:30, so I felt an urgency to keep moving. I think it would help to warm up.
--------------------------------------
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - Early round with Simon at Dela
Simon and I went for an early round. I started out pretty shaky on the first 4 holes (mostly putting). I had a couple of poor approach shots. It seems that it takes a few holes for me to calibrate my approach shots. I played pretty well for the next 15 holes (3 over). A few spectacular throws: On 11, I threw one of my anhyzer forehands that ended up about 30 feet from the pin. Of course I missed the putt, but still a great drive. On 18, I have tied my best drives the last two rounds in a row. I had two great drives on 6, both a forehand and a backhand. On 13, we both emptied our bags. My backhand drives did not look bad, but just did not seem to carry very far. My forehand drive was great. When we came around on 16, we emptied our bags again. This time, my backhand drives were great. In fact, my longest two backhand drives were as long as my forehand drive. Now it was not my best forehand drive, but still the backhand drives were very nice.
--------------------------------------
Monday, November 15, 2010 - Early solo round at Dela
I was playing pretty well until about 2/3'rds of the way through the course and then I started really slowing down my throw and I made a series of great throws. I had a couple of great drives on 16 (of course I muffed up my approach shot!). Then I had a great drive on 18 and 19. 20 and 21 were ok. I had a great drive on 22. I am finally starting to figure out hole 1, I have parred it the last two times that I played it.
--------------------------------------
Saturday, November 13, 2010 - Field Session at Dela
The plan was to get a a long field session in this morning. Unfortunately, I got started late and we had to go appliance shopping mid-morning. So I only got about 120 throws in. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in my throws. I just could not seem to get much power on my throws. They did not go very far. They were not horrible throws, but not good ones either. To cap it off, I lost two discs. I lost my red DX Gazelle on hole 8a and a yellow star Roadrunner on 16. I don't feel super attached to either disc, but still I don't like losing discs.
That afternoon, I got a call about the Roadrunner. The guy will leave it at the lost & found.
--------------------------------------
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - Early round with Simon at Dela
Again a fun round. This may sound crazy, but the most memorable part of the round was going to find a disc down a ravine on hole 15. It rained last night and it was muddy this morning. We were slipping and sliding up and down the hill. Once I brushed a small tree and the leaves showered me. The disc was up in a tree, so we had to go get a pole, knock it down. Then Simon went farther down the hill to get the disc. I am not sure why, but it was a blast. Anyway, I played fairly well. My backhand drive is still inconsistent, however I am starting to use my forehand drive more. And it is starting to come back to form. Highlights include a moderate birdie putt on 3 (missed) a longish birdie putt on 6 (laid up), a short birdie putt on 8a (made). Very nice 2nd and 3rd shot to give me a bogey on 13 (especially after a poor drive. Nice recovery shot on 15 to give me a long par putt (missed).
--------------------------------------
Tuesday, November 9, 2010 - Solo Round at Dela
I was planning to have an extended field session last Sunday. I had all morning available to just throw and throw. ... and it rained!l Dang! I went for an early round this morning. I was thinking about a field session and the ground was pretty wet, I figured that I would be spending all my time drying off my discs, so i played a solo round instead. My play was just so-so. I started out pretty well, par, bogey, par, par, bogey (on hole 5!), par, par, par, par, bogey, par, bogey, birdie, etc. By the end of the round, I was throwing multiple drives and sometimes, none of the drives were any good. I did drive up and back on 16. I really need an extended field session. Unfortunately, I am pretty booked this weekend. Aptos bag tag on Saturday, Pat Burke here on Sunday. Both days will be fun, but still no field practice.
----------------------------------------
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 - Round with Simon at Dela
Simon and I left work at 4pm and were able to get a full round in (all 28 holes). John and Christine were going to join us, but they decided to go to the Giants parade instead. This is the last week before we lose daylight savings time, so next week we are going to start playing in the mornings.
Simon's backhand is starting to come along. I am pretty impressed. He is now throwing the disc nice and flat. About 2/3'rds of the way through the round, he started reaching back some more and his throws improved immeadiately. My throws were starting to come back as well. Not super consistent, but I had some nice throws. Some times I had some very nice drives and then a horrible approach shot. One time, I had about a 100 foot open approach shot and only threw it 50 feet!! As always, we had a blast.
-----------------------------------------
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 - Field Session at Dela
Not a good session. It seems like I have regressed to the pre-hammer pound level. I am not sure what happened. I don't know what I am doing wrong now or what I was doing right before. Oddly enough, I don't feel too down about it. I have confidence that it will come back, I just need to keep working at it. I would really like to get a long field session in. Go back and just work on the standstill hammer pound until I feel really good about it. Then throw a bunch of one step tosses. Finally finish with some full x-step throws.
Sunday, November 28, 2010 - Casual solo round at Dela
I had not played in a week and a half, so this was just a casual early round at Dela. It was pretty busy on hole 1, so I started on hole 20, played a complete round and then played 20-24 again for a total of 33 holes. Since I had not played in a while, I often threw multiple drives. I tried to always play from the first drive, but not always. Remebering my best drives, i played very well, I had a number of great drives.
My third forehand drive on 20 set up an easy par. Great backhand drive on 21 to set up a drop in birdie. Nice drive on 22, but ok approach shot left me with a bogey. That is proving to be a pretty difficult approach shot for me. I need to work on that shot. Great drive on 23 left me behind the basket and behind a tree for a bogey. Nice drive on 24 gave an easy par. Ok drive on 25 left me in a muddy spot. I could not get good enough footing for an approach and it left me with a bogey. On 26, I had a good drive. My approach hit the rim of the hill and the disc rolled down the hill. I ended up with a double bogey. Nice drives on 26a and 27 left me with easy pars.
On hole 1, I had a great drive which set up an easy par. Hole 2 was a poor drive that led to a bogey. Great drive and a birdie on hole 3. Very good drives on holes 4 and 5 let to easy pars. I probably had my best string of drives ever on holes 6 thru 8a. On hole 6, two back hand drives left me with 30-35 foot birdie putts. On hole 7 a great back hand drive left me with a 40 foot birdie putt. Great backhand drive on 8 left me with a 45 foot approach shot (behind small tree). Very nice backhand drive on 8a left me with a 30 foot birdie putt. Hole 9 was an average par. On hole 10, it was not a very good forehand drive, though it bounced off of a tree and left me with an easy 45 foot approach shot.
Great forehand drive on 11 left me with a 45 foot approach shot. Not so good backhand anhyzer on 12 rolled back down hill and left me with an impossible approach shot from under a tree ending up with a bogey. No so good drives on 13 left me with a double bogey. Ok drives on 14 and 15 left me with pars. A couple of nice drives on 16, so-so approach shot and a bogey. Nice drives on 18 and 19 set up easy pars.
I had two birdies. Even better, I had a number of drives that left me with 30-40 foot birdie putts. The worst part is that I did not make any of them.
-------------------------------------
Thursday, November 18, 2010 - Early solo round at Dela
I got there extra-early (6:45am) and played a full round. My score was not very good for a variety of reasons. Most important, I had a number of poor drives. I also had a fair amount of bad luck (I hit the telephone pole on hole 6, my drive on 8 was not bad, but it stopped right behind a tree, on 12, I had a good drive that rolled. My approach was not bad and it rolled back down farther than my original position.) And as always, it was not all bad. On hole 25, I drove past the tree backhand. My farthest drive on this hole. On hole 26, I drove to the top of the hill (maybe for the first time - forehand). All in all, it felt like a sloppy round. Part of it was that I felt a bit rushed, I wanted to complete the course before 8:30, so I felt an urgency to keep moving. I think it would help to warm up.
--------------------------------------
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - Early round with Simon at Dela
Simon and I went for an early round. I started out pretty shaky on the first 4 holes (mostly putting). I had a couple of poor approach shots. It seems that it takes a few holes for me to calibrate my approach shots. I played pretty well for the next 15 holes (3 over). A few spectacular throws: On 11, I threw one of my anhyzer forehands that ended up about 30 feet from the pin. Of course I missed the putt, but still a great drive. On 18, I have tied my best drives the last two rounds in a row. I had two great drives on 6, both a forehand and a backhand. On 13, we both emptied our bags. My backhand drives did not look bad, but just did not seem to carry very far. My forehand drive was great. When we came around on 16, we emptied our bags again. This time, my backhand drives were great. In fact, my longest two backhand drives were as long as my forehand drive. Now it was not my best forehand drive, but still the backhand drives were very nice.
--------------------------------------
Monday, November 15, 2010 - Early solo round at Dela
I was playing pretty well until about 2/3'rds of the way through the course and then I started really slowing down my throw and I made a series of great throws. I had a couple of great drives on 16 (of course I muffed up my approach shot!). Then I had a great drive on 18 and 19. 20 and 21 were ok. I had a great drive on 22. I am finally starting to figure out hole 1, I have parred it the last two times that I played it.
--------------------------------------
Saturday, November 13, 2010 - Field Session at Dela
The plan was to get a a long field session in this morning. Unfortunately, I got started late and we had to go appliance shopping mid-morning. So I only got about 120 throws in. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in my throws. I just could not seem to get much power on my throws. They did not go very far. They were not horrible throws, but not good ones either. To cap it off, I lost two discs. I lost my red DX Gazelle on hole 8a and a yellow star Roadrunner on 16. I don't feel super attached to either disc, but still I don't like losing discs.
That afternoon, I got a call about the Roadrunner. The guy will leave it at the lost & found.
--------------------------------------
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - Early round with Simon at Dela
Again a fun round. This may sound crazy, but the most memorable part of the round was going to find a disc down a ravine on hole 15. It rained last night and it was muddy this morning. We were slipping and sliding up and down the hill. Once I brushed a small tree and the leaves showered me. The disc was up in a tree, so we had to go get a pole, knock it down. Then Simon went farther down the hill to get the disc. I am not sure why, but it was a blast. Anyway, I played fairly well. My backhand drive is still inconsistent, however I am starting to use my forehand drive more. And it is starting to come back to form. Highlights include a moderate birdie putt on 3 (missed) a longish birdie putt on 6 (laid up), a short birdie putt on 8a (made). Very nice 2nd and 3rd shot to give me a bogey on 13 (especially after a poor drive. Nice recovery shot on 15 to give me a long par putt (missed).
--------------------------------------
Tuesday, November 9, 2010 - Solo Round at Dela
I was planning to have an extended field session last Sunday. I had all morning available to just throw and throw. ... and it rained!l Dang! I went for an early round this morning. I was thinking about a field session and the ground was pretty wet, I figured that I would be spending all my time drying off my discs, so i played a solo round instead. My play was just so-so. I started out pretty well, par, bogey, par, par, bogey (on hole 5!), par, par, par, par, bogey, par, bogey, birdie, etc. By the end of the round, I was throwing multiple drives and sometimes, none of the drives were any good. I did drive up and back on 16. I really need an extended field session. Unfortunately, I am pretty booked this weekend. Aptos bag tag on Saturday, Pat Burke here on Sunday. Both days will be fun, but still no field practice.
----------------------------------------
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 - Round with Simon at Dela
Simon and I left work at 4pm and were able to get a full round in (all 28 holes). John and Christine were going to join us, but they decided to go to the Giants parade instead. This is the last week before we lose daylight savings time, so next week we are going to start playing in the mornings.
Simon's backhand is starting to come along. I am pretty impressed. He is now throwing the disc nice and flat. About 2/3'rds of the way through the round, he started reaching back some more and his throws improved immeadiately. My throws were starting to come back as well. Not super consistent, but I had some nice throws. Some times I had some very nice drives and then a horrible approach shot. One time, I had about a 100 foot open approach shot and only threw it 50 feet!! As always, we had a blast.
-----------------------------------------
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 - Field Session at Dela
Not a good session. It seems like I have regressed to the pre-hammer pound level. I am not sure what happened. I don't know what I am doing wrong now or what I was doing right before. Oddly enough, I don't feel too down about it. I have confidence that it will come back, I just need to keep working at it. I would really like to get a long field session in. Go back and just work on the standstill hammer pound until I feel really good about it. Then throw a bunch of one step tosses. Finally finish with some full x-step throws.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home