Big Week in Santa Cruz
I am very excited about the week coming up. On Tuesday, the Tour of California is coming through Santa Cruz. Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, etc will all be riding into town. For the last 30 miles or so, they will be riding some of the same roads that I used to ride all the time (in a life before disc golf). Of course, they will cover the ground a little quicker than I used to. :-)
On Wednesday, there will be a skins game at Delaveaga. The last four world champions will be competing (Avery Jenkins, Dave Feldberg, Nate Doss and Ken Climo). I have always thought these are fun events. The players are usually relaxed, joking around and having a good time. Plus, they attempt some interesting shots. You don't win skins by taking the safe route and you are not usually penalized for missing a risky shot. In this group you have to make a high risk/high reward shot to win a skin. It is pretty cool to see what these guys can do on a challenging course.
Then on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the Masters Cup is held at Delaveaga. Most of the top players in the world will be here, battling it out for a National Tour win. I have signed up to volunteer all three days, so I will most likely be spotting somewhere on the course. In the past, I have always been assigned to tricky holes that have multiple routes.
I can hardly wait!
On Wednesday, there will be a skins game at Delaveaga. The last four world champions will be competing (Avery Jenkins, Dave Feldberg, Nate Doss and Ken Climo). I have always thought these are fun events. The players are usually relaxed, joking around and having a good time. Plus, they attempt some interesting shots. You don't win skins by taking the safe route and you are not usually penalized for missing a risky shot. In this group you have to make a high risk/high reward shot to win a skin. It is pretty cool to see what these guys can do on a challenging course.
Then on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the Masters Cup is held at Delaveaga. Most of the top players in the world will be here, battling it out for a National Tour win. I have signed up to volunteer all three days, so I will most likely be spotting somewhere on the course. In the past, I have always been assigned to tricky holes that have multiple routes.
I can hardly wait!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home