Creating Order

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Costanoa Ride - Part 2

I have a few other stories that did not make last night's post, so I thought I would include them in a part 2 post.

As I was riding back home past Davenport, I looked over towards the ocean. I saw a fire truck parked right up to the cliff. It had a cable stretching over and down the cliff towards the beach. Uh-Oh, this cannot be good. I wondered if there will be an article about this in the Sentinel the next morning. So I checked the Sentinel this morning and there was no article about it. Hmm, maybe it was just a practice. Maybe it is good after all! :-)

About 1 mile from town, my rear wheel jerked to the right side. It did not slow me down much, but it felt like the wheel was wobbling again. The ride was rough as well. I got home and found that the wheel was out of true again. So later in the afternoon, I took the bike back to the bike shop. They said that they could try a few things, but it was probable that I would need a new wheel. A new $250 wheel! Remember when I was boasting about how it was so inexpensive to fix bikes. Well, this sure took the smug smile off of my face! :-(

When I got home, my wife told me that she had her heart set on a burger from Jack's. Now I am also a fan of Jack's burgers, however I have already had two full meals before noon. I am really not that hungry. I doubt that I will be able to finish my usual double cheeseburger and fries. So of course, I said yes. Let me get a shower and let's go! Often after a long bike ride, I start eating and find that I am hungrier than I think. In the end, I had no problem finishing my usual meal. :-)

As we were eating our meals at Jack's, six tow trucks showed up at the parking lot across the street and started rapidly towing cars away. It looked like the tow trucks came in formation and were coordinating their towing. My wife and I looked at each other and wondered what was going on. Then we realized that Farmer's Market would be held in the parking lot. There are several signs warning drivers that the lot needs to be empty on Wednesday afternoons or cars will be towed. They weren't kidding. The tow trucks arrived at 1:03PM, so it is pretty clear that if you are parked in that lot at 1PM on Wednesday afternoon, your car will get towed. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home