Best Supporting Actor
The nominees are Alan Arkin (Little Miss Sunshine), Jackie Earle Haley (Little Children), Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond), Eddie Murphy (Dreamgirls), and Mark Wahlberg (The Departed). I did not see Blood Diamond. The movie left Santa Cruz awhile ago and it is not available on DVD yet, so Hounsou will not get any of my awards.
I was very pleasantly surprised by Eddie Murphy's performance. It seems like Murphy has been in some truly awful movies recently (Norbit? Daddy Day Care? Dr Doolittle?). Yet, Murphy gave a very strong performance in this rold. And it was in a musical! Who would have guessed?
Arkin and Wahlberg each gave very good performances, but I don't believe that either really stood out in their movies. On the other hand, Haley's performance was phenomenal! I raved over the performance when I reviewed "Little Children" earlier and I still feel just as strongly about the role now. In fact, this may be the strongest performance in any of the acting categories.
Most Deserving: Jackie Earle Haley
Will Win: Jackie Earle Haley
I was very pleasantly surprised by Eddie Murphy's performance. It seems like Murphy has been in some truly awful movies recently (Norbit? Daddy Day Care? Dr Doolittle?). Yet, Murphy gave a very strong performance in this rold. And it was in a musical! Who would have guessed?
Arkin and Wahlberg each gave very good performances, but I don't believe that either really stood out in their movies. On the other hand, Haley's performance was phenomenal! I raved over the performance when I reviewed "Little Children" earlier and I still feel just as strongly about the role now. In fact, this may be the strongest performance in any of the acting categories.
Most Deserving: Jackie Earle Haley
Will Win: Jackie Earle Haley

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home