Creating Order

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Disc Golf can be Dangerous!

Tuesday, I was playing an early round of disc golf. On one hole, I threw my drive and was walking down the fairway. Some type of insect flew into my lips. It almost got into my mouth, but I closed my mouth before it could. I brushed it off my lower lip, but it had already stung/bit me. I never saw what it was. I kept playing a few more holes, but shortly my lip felt like it was the size of a blimp! I did not realize it at the time, but my left cheek was also swollen. Finally, I decided to go to urgent care to get it looked at.

When I got the urgent care, I realized that I did not really know what I looked like. So I pulled out my iPhone and took a picture of myself. That picture has pretty much grossed out anyone who has seen it. :-)

The doctor decided that it was some type of sting. As long as I was not allergic, it would be uncomfortable, but not too big a deal. He said that it would peak in a day or two then it would get itchy. He prescribed two forms of antihistamines. One to fight the swelling, one to fight the itching. The first day, I was pretty uncomfortable and took both antihistamines. Man, they knocked me out. I slept alot and I was pretty groggy even when I was awake. The second day, I only took the first antihistamine. I was still pretty groggy. It pretty much sucks. I am too groggy to read and I can only watch so much TV.

Today is the third day and the swelling has subsided greatly. I went back to work today. I am kind of in an in-between phase. The swelling has gone down, but the itching has barely started. I am not looking forward to the itching, especially if it means that I need to take both antihistamines. I could be groggy for the next several days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home