Creating Order

Friday, August 14, 2009

European Approach to Golf (part 2)

A few entries back, I wrote about European versus American attitudes. I have been wondering how accurate the whole comparison is. So I posted a similar note on a disc golf message board. The message board has several regular posters from Europe. I was especially interested in their viewpoint.

I got about 10 responses, mostly from Americans. It turned out that the American's were as likely to have the "American mind-set" as the "European mind-set". I only got two responses from Europeans. One European pointed out that there are very few similarities across Europe. The countries are so different in their values, attitudes and cultures that almost nothing is "European".

Everyone did agree that there are two very different mindsets, it is just not "American" and "European". So I think I will modify the names from "American" to "Score-based" and "European" to "Skill-based".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home