Creating Order

Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11. 2011 - Early Field Practice

I had a chance to look at the video of my drives on a flat hole. I noticed a few flaws in my throw that I wanted to work on, so I went out for a field practice this morning. I wanted to work on a level pull, pivoting on my plant foot, reaching back farther before my pull and adding a step to my run up. I started out with stand-still throws, went to one step throws, to x-step throws and a few longer run up drives.

When I started with the longer reach back, my throws started to scatter. One throw would be far left, the next throw would be far right, the next throw would dive into the ground about 50 feet in front of me. Towards the end, the throws started to get a little more consistent. Not real consistent, but a little better. I think I will need a few more field sessions to get really comfortable with the changes.

It felt to me like I was able to fix the flaws. I took another video towards the end of the session. Unfortunately, the video did not load correctly, so I can not see if I actually made any changes at all. Hopefully, I will be able to load the video tonight or tomorrow and I can see how good a job I did of fixing the flaws.

One unpleasant surprise. A couple of posts ago, I talked about how bad I played at the monthly, This morning, I found that they posted the scores on the bulletin board! My miserable score is right there for everyone to see. Sigh ... I don't remember them posting monthly scores before. Oh well, I will just have to do better the next few months. Of course, with my luck they will leave this score up and neglect to post the my improved scores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home