Creating Order

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Lily and A Dental Surprise!

Lily is recovering very well.  She goes up and down the stairs.  We are careful and don’t take her on any long walks.  However she has done great on shorter walks.  We don’t see any problem with her making the trip to Bend.  I doubt that she will enjoy the 9+ hour car ride, but she will do fine.

Actually, she enjoys all the activity and all the new people around the house.  Lots of new smells and new people to fawn over her, pet her and feed her treats. 

To add a little spice to the moving experience, I had a surprise tooth extraction a couple of weeks ago.  Late last year, I had a toothache.  The dentist thought that it was due to me clenching my jaw while asleep.  I tried to relax my jaw and the pain went away.  So I forgot about it. 

A few weeks ago, I had an appointment for teeth cleaning and a checkup.  The dentist decided there was still a problem and I should check with a root canal specialist.  The root canal person said that I have a cracked tooth and told me my dentist would discuss options with me. 

A few days later, I had a follow up meeting with the dentist.  A meeting to discuss options for my cracked tooth (or so I thought).  I show up for the meeting and I am put into a chair and the dentist starts bringing out tools.  “Hold on, what’s going on here?”  The dentist looks at his notes and he says that he has tooth extraction scheduled!  I should have known when he tied the string around my tooth. We discussed some options and I decided to get it over with. 

I got home and my wife wondered why I did not finish the errands after the dentist appointment.  I had a good excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home