April 5, 2011 - Early solo round at Delaveaga
I played very well this morning. I tried to throw at 80% effort or so and I had much better control of my throws. The drives did not go quite so far, but they were not that far behind my longest throws. However the throws were much more consistently in the fairway. I did not keep score, but I bet it was a pretty good.
I am especially proud of my play on hole 11. This hole has two routes, one that goes down a straight narrow chute and turns sharp left at the very end. The second route goes off to the left, straight for a while and turns sharp right at the end. This has always been a difficult hole for me. This morning I threw two discs. One backhand down the right route. One forehand down the left route. Both throws were excellent drives and I had great approach shots for two easy pars!
I am starting to get frustrated with my Gazelles. I really like throwing them, but they seem to get beat up pretty easily. They only come in the cheapest plastics (DX). After just a few tree hits, they seem to get dinged up and fly differently. I am probably on my fourth Gazelle in 6 months. I get a new one and it flys great ... for a little while until I throw it into a few trees. So I think I need to look for a similar disc that comes in a sturdier plastic. I will have to do some research.
I am especially proud of my play on hole 11. This hole has two routes, one that goes down a straight narrow chute and turns sharp left at the very end. The second route goes off to the left, straight for a while and turns sharp right at the end. This has always been a difficult hole for me. This morning I threw two discs. One backhand down the right route. One forehand down the left route. Both throws were excellent drives and I had great approach shots for two easy pars!
I am starting to get frustrated with my Gazelles. I really like throwing them, but they seem to get beat up pretty easily. They only come in the cheapest plastics (DX). After just a few tree hits, they seem to get dinged up and fly differently. I am probably on my fourth Gazelle in 6 months. I get a new one and it flys great ... for a little while until I throw it into a few trees. So I think I need to look for a similar disc that comes in a sturdier plastic. I will have to do some research.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home