
You know those claw vending machines? Those ones that you try to use the claw to grab a stuffed toy? Well, this toddler really wanted a stuffed SpongeBob toy. He was unsuccessful on his first try with the claw. So his grandma turned her back to get another dollar, so that he could try again. While her back was turned, he squeezed into the hole and crawled into the machine! Unfortunately the hole was only one way. He was having a great time hugging all of the stuffed toys while the firefighters were trying to get him out! The whole story can be found
here.

Bill Crozier is running for Oklahoma State School Superintendent. He wants to make the schools safer for children and teachers. He plans to do this by creating bulletproof textbooks. "
He believes students could use the reading material while running away from an attacker." Somehow I have to believe that there has to be a better way to use the school funds. The story can be found here.

This guy has saved us over $800 Billion Dollars. Arthur Rosenfeld has created a number of energy efficient appliances. From refrigerators to light bulbs. The savings have been incredible and they are growing. By 2010, he will have saved us over $1 Trillion! More info can be found
here.

Interested in a dachsund lamp? "
The playful MyPetLamp-Dachshund from Offi is made of non-toxic, odorless plastic with a low voltage (12v) replaceable bulb that bathes a room in soft light. Available in six colors: Soft White, Mellow Yellow, Sky Blue, Sunset Orange, Hot Pink and Misty Green." They can be found
here.

Secret Wall Tattoo's! It seems like someone is going around hotel rooms and taking the pictures or mirrors down and creating drawings where the pictures were and then putting the pictures/mirrors back up. The web page that I found does not have much information, so I don't know if this is common or just one person is doing it and putting it on his or her web page?

The photo above is with the picture up and this photo is the same wall with the picture taken down. If you go to the
website you will see a number of these "Secret Wall Tattoo's". Just roll your mouse across the photo and you will see the secret. I would doubt that these are very common, but I am going to check the next time I am in a hotel room!

I found a website that lists "10 seeeeeriously cool workplaces". It points out that many buildings have cool exteriors, but most are relatively bland on the inside. The article lists 10 places that are not. The first place listed is Pixar. One of the guys I used to work with at Nokia now works at the Pixar offices in Emeryville. Very cool. The picture on the left is from Red Bull in London which has a slide between floors! The article can be found
here. More pictures from the Pixar offices can be found
here.
2 Comments:
At 9:37 PM,
Ginger said…
Wow - I'm so glad you found that link on Pixar! These photos actually do a great job of capturing the fun atomosphere of that workplace. Thanks for providing a link for me to reference since photos weren't allowed during my visit last August. :)
At 9:22 AM,
Steve said…
Yeah, It is pretty cool seeing these pictures of the Pixar offices. I am glad that you enjoyed them.
Post a Comment
<< Home