Creating Order

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Vacation Retrospective - Part 3

Fun Activities During My Vacation:

Having the time off, allowed me to spend time with my family. I got to spend some time with my father and Joyce down in Palm Springs. I also got to spend a lot of time with Ben. We spent 5 to 6 weeks working the Little League Tournaments this summer. We also went to a few Giants games and did some other things together. I also got to spend more time with my wife. We explored some State Parks, spent a very nice weekend in SF and watched a number of movies. I feel very thankful that I had have this time available and could spend it with my family.

If you have been reading this blog, you already know that I have been able to take a number of bike rides. It has been great. Not only have I enjoyed the rides greatly, my fitness have improved greatly. I just generally feel better when I am in good shape.

During my vacation, I have also been able to watch alot of movies. NetFlix helped with this. Maybe the best thing about NetFlix is that it has given us access to some documentaries that we could not find in video rental stores. This has been a real treat. Generally when I get home from work, I am too tired to sit down and watch a 2 hour movie. On the other hand, the time off gave me time to watch all of these movies.

I have also had the good fortune to spend time exploring State Parks. Of the top of my head, I can remember trips to Joshua Tree, Big Basin, Loch Lomand, Pogonip, Wilder Ranch and Point Lobos and there are probably others that do not come to mind. I enjoyed visiting every one of the above parks and discovered something new at each one. Except for Joshua Tree, every one of these parks is within an easy drive from our house. Yeah, yeah, Point Lobos is about an hour away, but that is not bad, considering how spectacular it is. On top of that, there are several other parks close by that I would like to explore. I hope that I can find the time to keep exploring parks in the near future.

Conclusion:

When I think back on my 5 months off, two general impressions come to mind. One is that I enjoyed the pace. I was able to do a lot, but it never seemed rushed. I never had every minute filled. This was nice because it allowed me to enjoy the activities at my pace. The other impression is the diversity of the activities I enjoyed. I got to spend time in the city and in the forests. I got to spend time in the desert and on the oceanside. I got to spend time by myself and with 45000 people at a baseball game. I got to spend time being lazy at home and taking 60 mile bike rides. I got to spend time going to the theatre in the city and visiting the county jail. The memories from this time will stay with me for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home