Creating Order

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Buying Putters

My current putters are aviars, but some suggested that I might have better luck driving Challengers or Wizards. So, I went into a local shop and started looking at putters. The Challenger's felt like a nice putter. After looking, I asked the clerk if they had any Wizards. He said that they had sold out. He said the local distributor is kind of flaky and he did not know when they would get any in. Anyway, I was liking the feel of the Challengers.

Then a local pro walked in. He has been around for awhile and seems to know alot about the game. He asks me what I am looking for. I answer that I am looking for a putter that I can drive. I want to work on my backhand drives. He replies, "Oh, you would be better off with a coyote." He grabs one and shows me it. "You would learn faster by playing catch with this."

We practically got into a tug of war. Me: I think I will just get a putter. Him: No, no you really want a coyote.

Then my wife (who knows nothing about disc golf) says "I like this pretty blue disc, are there any more discs this color?" The pro's eyebrows shoot up and he gets a stunned look, "Uh, I don't think that is the best way to pick a disc."

I ended up leaving the shop without buying anything. I figure that I can sneak back late at night and buy a bunch of Challengers.

Sheesh, I thought the easy part would be buying the discs!

Note that the local pro is a great guy and he has done a huge amount for the local disc golf scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home