Aptos High School
On Sunday, we went to play at the course at Aptos High School. A couple of friends of mine from work wanted to play disc golf. One of them had played a few times and the other had never played. So Ben and I took them to Aptos High. I have played here about 20 times and I wanted to take them to a beginner/intermediate course with some interesting holes.
I like this course. It has some challenging shots, but it does not punish you too much if you make a bad shot. Many of the Championship courses will punish bad shots. That is ok for experienced players, but not too much fun for newer players.
It was a lot of fun. I enjoy introducing new players to the sport. Plus it is fun to hear them admire my throws. Luckily there was no one else for them to compare my mediocre throws to. They did pretty well and seemed to enjoy the experience, I think they will come back for more.
I forgot my SD card for my camera, so I did not take any pictures. It was probably better that way, since they might have felt self-conscious with a camera around.
Afterwards, we went to a local pub (Britannia Arms) for lunch. We had a good meal and a fun time re-living the round.
I like this course. It has some challenging shots, but it does not punish you too much if you make a bad shot. Many of the Championship courses will punish bad shots. That is ok for experienced players, but not too much fun for newer players.
It was a lot of fun. I enjoy introducing new players to the sport. Plus it is fun to hear them admire my throws. Luckily there was no one else for them to compare my mediocre throws to. They did pretty well and seemed to enjoy the experience, I think they will come back for more.
I forgot my SD card for my camera, so I did not take any pictures. It was probably better that way, since they might have felt self-conscious with a camera around.
Afterwards, we went to a local pub (Britannia Arms) for lunch. We had a good meal and a fun time re-living the round.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home