Golden Gate Park
We took Wednesday off. My plan was to go watch the Cold Water Classic (a surfing competition held in Santa Cruz). Unfortunately, the surf was not good, so they moved the competition to a spot 20 miles north of town on Wednesday. I did not feel like traveling that far, so I just took a nap. :-)
On Thursday, we traveled to San Francisco to play the Golden Gate Disc Golf Course. For a number of years, there has been a semi-legal disc golf course in the park. I don't think they ever had 18 holes and the holes were in various states of disrepair. A couple of years ago a club was formed and they built a legal full 18 hole course. The club has done a really good job on the course. They have great signage, nice teepads and well maintained holes.
Ben has played this course a number of times when he went to SF State. I played it once two+ years ago when visiting Ben. I had the most fun on this course of the whole week. I would not rate it as the best course, but I had the most fun. It was not the easiest course, but it was on the easy side of the courses we played. I played very well. As you can tell from my recent blogging, I have spent a lot of time training recently. Something is starting to click, my training is starting to pay off. I am not necessarily throwing any longer, but my throws are much straighter and more consistent. That has been huge for my game, if you can throw straight, then your second and maybe third shots are much easier.
.jpg)
After the game, we went to the Academy of Science Museum in Golden Gate Park. It has recently been re-built and re-opened earlier this year (maybe late last year?) The museum has the largest fully digital planetarium in the world, the Steinhart aquarium, a simulated rain forest exhibit that you can walk through, a penguin exhibit and much more. We were there for 3.5 hours and got through about 1/2 of the museum. We saw a planetarium show, saw a penguin feeding show and wandered through the rain forest exhibit. Oh yeah, they grow grass and plants on the roof. We spent some time looking at that as well. The above picture was taken on the roof.
Finally, we went to a Hawaiian restaurant that was a favorite of Ben's when he lived in SF. We had a great meal that was a nice ending to the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home