Creating Order

Thursday, January 06, 2011

January 6, 2010 - Early solo round at Dela

My last disc golf for 2 weeks! It was cold again (38 degrees), but I did not notice it too much. I wore a sweatshirt again. My score was not too good, but I am encouraged by a couple of things. Several times I took a few practice swings before my drives. I concentrated on rotating my hips snd pulling my shoulders at the start of the swing. And then I made several excellent drives. Sometimes, the drives were a little off to the right or the left, but they generally were strong drives. So I am hoping that I can develop consistent strong drives after a few practice swings. If so, then I will work on my accuracy to consistently drive straight down the fairway.

I also spent some more time on my left hand backhand (lhbh) drives. Mid-way through the round, I stopped at a hole and threw 35 lhbh drives. Today, I got a number of drives out to the 100 foot mark. My lhbh drives still seem pretty primitive, but they are getting better. On Tuesday, I was trying to throw hard, this morning, I slowed down my arm speed. I was concentrating on a smooth, flat throw and they went farther than trying to throw hard.

Highlights of the round: Very nice drives on 1, 5, 6, 10, 13, 14, 16 and 18. Very nice approach shot on 2, 5, 6, 8, 12, 13. I am really pleased on my 4 on hole 13. I had an excellent drive and approach shot, that left me with an easy 2 shots to finish the hole. I would be very happy with consistent 4's on this hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home