February 24, 2011 - Early round with Simon at Delaveaga
Simon and I wanted to play before the rains hit again. Plus, things are kind of slow at work, so we were able to play a full round (all 29 holes). Great fun. I played well, not great but well. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they have moved many of the pins to harder locations. And it sure showed in my score! Another nice thing is that I felt no back pain at all. It seems like my back has recovered from last weekend. Yay!
I was very inconsistent in my play. I would make a great throw followed by some pretty poor throws. I never thought about it before, but it is much better to make 2 pretty good throws rather than a great throw followed by a poor throw. Two pretty good throws sets up an easy par. A great throw followed by a poor throw often makes it very hard to make a par. I also struggled with my putting today. I missed a number of putts that I should have made.
Simon is really improving. He has been working on his footwork and it has really helped his throw. It is a new run up, so it is still a bit inconsistent. However there was a string of 8 or 9 holes, where he made great throw after great throw. I am really happy for him.
I was very inconsistent in my play. I would make a great throw followed by some pretty poor throws. I never thought about it before, but it is much better to make 2 pretty good throws rather than a great throw followed by a poor throw. Two pretty good throws sets up an easy par. A great throw followed by a poor throw often makes it very hard to make a par. I also struggled with my putting today. I missed a number of putts that I should have made.
Simon is really improving. He has been working on his footwork and it has really helped his throw. It is a new run up, so it is still a bit inconsistent. However there was a string of 8 or 9 holes, where he made great throw after great throw. I am really happy for him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home