Note to Readers
Last week, a reader asked me if I minded if they gave the link to this blog to someone else . Of course not! I have no intent of writing anything that would embarass me or others. In fact, when I am writing a post, I assume that anyone may be reading it. Therefore, I have no problem with anyone reading this blog. No need to even ask.
I have been using a tool that allows me to collect some statistics on blog usage. It collects data on number of "visitors", total hit count and some data on each visitor. After two weeks, it says that the blog has had 32 "visitors" and 144 hits. On the surface, this is pretty surprising considering that I have only told 9 people about the blog. Furthermore, I have not made the blog "public".
I believe that both of these numbers are highly deceiving. At least 6 of the "visitors" are me. I have accessed the blog from my work, my home desktop and my home laptop. Plus, I have accessed it from both Firefox and Internet Explorer on each of these computers. All of these are considered "visitors". Furthermore, I bet about half the hits are actually from me.
As I mentioned earlier, the tool also collects data on each visitor. The data includes date and time of visit, ip address of visitor, browser, o/s, and screen resolution. The ip address has a little information. Nothing to identify an individual user, just the isp. The majority of the addresses have been from my work or sbcglobal. There was one from Comcast and one from mindspring. Here is an example of an entry (I have replaced the ip address with x's):
I have been using a tool that allows me to collect some statistics on blog usage. It collects data on number of "visitors", total hit count and some data on each visitor. After two weeks, it says that the blog has had 32 "visitors" and 144 hits. On the surface, this is pretty surprising considering that I have only told 9 people about the blog. Furthermore, I have not made the blog "public".
I believe that both of these numbers are highly deceiving. At least 6 of the "visitors" are me. I have accessed the blog from my work, my home desktop and my home laptop. Plus, I have accessed it from both Firefox and Internet Explorer on each of these computers. All of these are considered "visitors". Furthermore, I bet about half the hits are actually from me.
As I mentioned earlier, the tool also collects data on each visitor. The data includes date and time of visit, ip address of visitor, browser, o/s, and screen resolution. The ip address has a little information. Nothing to identify an individual user, just the isp. The majority of the addresses have been from my work or sbcglobal. There was one from Comcast and one from mindspring. Here is an example of an entry (I have replaced the ip address with x's):
| 40224728 | 03/12/06 07:58:07 | adsl-xx-xx-x-xxx.dsl.snfc21.sbcglobal.net | Firefox | Windows XP | 1400x1050 | 32 bit |

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home