Evening Bike Ride
Yesterday afternoon, I was not feeling very well and left work a little early (about 4:30PM). I had not slept well the previous night. Also, I had to be at work at 7am that morning and I just dragged around all day. By mid-afternoon, I was developing a headache. So I decided to leave work early and go home to get a nap. As I was driving home, I saw many people out riding their bikes. Plus, the weather was gorgeous. One of the first nice days in several weeks. I did not want to go home and hide inside the house. So I decided to go for a quick bike ride. Turned out to be one of my better ideas! :-)
My bike route can be found here. I started up towards the university. I stopped at about mile 2.5 and took this picture over Pogonip park. It includes a view of the park, the city and then the ocean in the background.

I rode around the top of the university and returned down Western avenue back to Natural Bridges park. I took this picture in the parking lot overlooking the Natural Bridges State Beach.

I then rode down West Cliff Drive. I took this picture at about mile 8.5.

Just before the lighthouse is It's beach. Before 10 am and after 4 pm, dogs are allowed on the beach without leashes. As you can see from the picture below, it is very popular with the dogs and their owners. Another factor is that this was the first nice day in a week or so.

At about this time, the sun was starting to get lower in the sky and I was only about 2/3's through my ride. So I figured that I better stop taking pictures and get riding. I rode past the boardwalk, and up the San Lorenzo bike path. The river was as high as I have ever seen it. I cut through downtown and then came home.
A very nice ride. I felt so much better after the ride. The weather was beautiful and the wind was never a factor.
My bike route can be found here. I started up towards the university. I stopped at about mile 2.5 and took this picture over Pogonip park. It includes a view of the park, the city and then the ocean in the background.

I rode around the top of the university and returned down Western avenue back to Natural Bridges park. I took this picture in the parking lot overlooking the Natural Bridges State Beach.

I then rode down West Cliff Drive. I took this picture at about mile 8.5.

Just before the lighthouse is It's beach. Before 10 am and after 4 pm, dogs are allowed on the beach without leashes. As you can see from the picture below, it is very popular with the dogs and their owners. Another factor is that this was the first nice day in a week or so.

At about this time, the sun was starting to get lower in the sky and I was only about 2/3's through my ride. So I figured that I better stop taking pictures and get riding. I rode past the boardwalk, and up the San Lorenzo bike path. The river was as high as I have ever seen it. I cut through downtown and then came home.
A very nice ride. I felt so much better after the ride. The weather was beautiful and the wind was never a factor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home