Saturday Morning Ride
This morning, my friend Karyn and I went for a bike ride. We left early (7:30 am) and it was a little chilly but not bad. Almost no wind for the entire ride. Our route can be found here. We did not feel like heading out on Highway 1, so we went up to Natural Bridges and then down the coast to Capitola. We took the same route as the earlier beach ride. I really like this ride. You get to ride down West Cliff, then past the boardwalk, then past Seabright beach, then through the harbor, then along East Cliff Drive, then Opal Cliff Drive and then down into Capitola. We stopped in Capitola and rested on a bench overlooking the beach.
We were sitting there and Karyn mentioned that she was hungry. So we decided to head for Gayle's Bakery. Yum, Yum! We had a snack and headed back up the coast. Karyn split off close to her house to return home. I decided to add a few miles to the route, so I headed up the San Lorenzo River bike path. It is a nice path that runs alongside the river. I got towards the end of it and decided to head for Harvey West Park.
For a number of years, I have been a volunteer for Santa Cruz Little League. Due to all of the rain, I have not yet been to Harvey West to see a game. It was interesting, I did not realize that many of the little league people have not seen me in my biking outfit. I pulled up alongside two friends who I have worked with for several years. Jim, quickly glanced at me and then looked away. Leroy looked at me, glanced away, then turned back and kind of squinted at me. He then gave a tentative, "Steve?" I reply, "Hi, Leroy!" Jim quickly looks over "Steve! Is that you?". Several others would walk up and look tentatively at me, knowing that I looked familiar, but not quite sure who I was. At least until I would say something. It was fun watching the game and catching up with people.
After watching a game for awhile, I headed for home. The entire trip came to about 24 miles. It was pretty flat the whole way, so I did not even check the elevation gain. I took my camera, but forgot that I even had it and failed to take any pictures. Oh well!
We were sitting there and Karyn mentioned that she was hungry. So we decided to head for Gayle's Bakery. Yum, Yum! We had a snack and headed back up the coast. Karyn split off close to her house to return home. I decided to add a few miles to the route, so I headed up the San Lorenzo River bike path. It is a nice path that runs alongside the river. I got towards the end of it and decided to head for Harvey West Park.
For a number of years, I have been a volunteer for Santa Cruz Little League. Due to all of the rain, I have not yet been to Harvey West to see a game. It was interesting, I did not realize that many of the little league people have not seen me in my biking outfit. I pulled up alongside two friends who I have worked with for several years. Jim, quickly glanced at me and then looked away. Leroy looked at me, glanced away, then turned back and kind of squinted at me. He then gave a tentative, "Steve?" I reply, "Hi, Leroy!" Jim quickly looks over "Steve! Is that you?". Several others would walk up and look tentatively at me, knowing that I looked familiar, but not quite sure who I was. At least until I would say something. It was fun watching the game and catching up with people.
After watching a game for awhile, I headed for home. The entire trip came to about 24 miles. It was pretty flat the whole way, so I did not even check the elevation gain. I took my camera, but forgot that I even had it and failed to take any pictures. Oh well!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home