Creating Order

Monday, April 24, 2006

What are they doing to Monopoly?


Hasbro is coming up with a new edition of Monopoly. It will no longer be based on Atlantic city streets. They will be replaced with legendary streets, neighborhoods and monuments from across the nation. Fans can vote on some of the selections. More info can be found here. You can vote here. Hmmm, not sure that I like this. I am pretty old school about things like this.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Ginger said…

    "But, the original version will still be available for sentimental fans of the game." :-)

    Yes, mixed feelings. I like the idea of "Hollywood" representing LA, but not "Mall of America" for Minn. And, I noticed that the ball parks are winning with the most votes in many of the cities...interesting...

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    I like ball parks, but there should not be more than one in the whole game. There should be a UNIQUE landmark from each city. To have many of the cities represented by it's ball park is just wrong.

    I completely agree about the "Mall of America" - Yuck!

    In general, I consider this a case of "don't fix what is not broken".

    PS - I have to admit that I have played a foreign version (all the streets were in the UK) and it was kind of fun. But we only need one US version!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home