Swanton Hill Bike Ride
This morning, I rode the Swanton Road ride up over Swanton Hill to Greyhound State Park and back for a total of a 40 mile ride. I have documented the ride in some previous posts (here, here and here). It is one of the harder rides that I have made this year. Looking back through my blog, this is the toughest ride that I have taken since late April. I knew that I had been taking easier rides, but I did not realize that it had been that long since I took one of my tougher rides. Even though I have been taking easier rides, I did really well today. I don't feel very tired and I am not sore at all. Over the next few weeks, I would like to try some longer rides and some more hills.
The Swanton Road hill seemed easier than usual, yet it is always tough for me. I have known people who actually like riding up hills, but I have never gotten to that point. Hills are always painful to me. About 10 years ago, I had two friends who are very good bike riders. Both of them relished riding hills. I have always suspected that they were in such good shape that they needed to ride hills to get a good workout. On the other hand, I remember reading a quote from Lance Armstrong who said that no matter what shape he is in, riding up hills are always painful to him. That makes me feel better.
The Swanton Road hill seemed easier than usual, yet it is always tough for me. I have known people who actually like riding up hills, but I have never gotten to that point. Hills are always painful to me. About 10 years ago, I had two friends who are very good bike riders. Both of them relished riding hills. I have always suspected that they were in such good shape that they needed to ride hills to get a good workout. On the other hand, I remember reading a quote from Lance Armstrong who said that no matter what shape he is in, riding up hills are always painful to him. That makes me feel better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home