Creating Order

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Best Actress

The nominees are Penelope Cruz (Volver), Judith Dench (Notes on a Scandal), Helen Mirren (The Queen), Meryl Streep (The Devil Wears Prada) and Kate Winslet (Little Children). I have seen all of these movies and the only weak choice was Cruz. I think she was just ok in an ok movie. Otherwise, there are four strong candidate.

I thought "Little Children" was a great film, I am actually disappointed that it was not nominated for best picture. I thought Winslet was very good in the picture, however I would put her a notch below the other three nominees. Nothing against her, I just thought the other three were outstanding. In fact I would say the top 3 Best Actress nominees outshined all of the Best Actor nominees.

I find it really hard to pick between Dench, Mirren and Streep. The roles were very different., however all of them gave the best performance of an actress in several years. If you forced me to pick one, I would probably have to go with Mirren in "The Queen". My pick may be purely because that is the film that I enjoyed the most of the three.

Deserves to Win: Dench, Mirren, Streep (3 way tie)
Will Win: Mirren (maybe?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home