Creating Order

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26, 2010 - Lunch round with Eliot and Tom at Delaveaga

Last week, Eliot and Tom (a couple of friends from work) asked to play disc golf sometime. So we arranged for a long lunch today at the disc golf course. It was their first time playing disc golf. They had heard how much I love the sport and they have heard Simon talking about it as well. So we went off to the course. It was a beautiful day, low 70's, clear blue skies. The course was really busy. It was a bit surprising to me. I did not expect it to be so busy on a weekday afternoon in mid-January. But there were a lot of people on the course. I kind of wonder if it is still early in the term, so maybe there were a lot of UCSC students. Maybe later in the term, it will not be so busy. It was not a big deal, since we were not moving very fast either. Eliot and Tom had a great time and want to play again.

Once again, I was playing great. We played 11 holes in a little less than 2 hours and I was one over. Most of my drives were great (for me). I am really enjoying this new level of performance. I realize that I have a long ways to catch up with the really good players. However it feels great to go from really bad to just sorta bad. :-)

One caveat about my recent scores at Delaveaga. In a few weeks, they will have a competition that includes two rounds of golf in the same day. To speed the play, they put all of the targets in the shorter, easier positions. Most of the year, they will have a mixture of easy and hard locations. Before big summer tournaments, all of the targets will be in the hardest positions. Anyway, my better scores have come on a relatively easy course configuration.

I am thinking of an early field session tomorrow morning. The problem is that when I do a field session, I experiment with different throwing techniques. Things are going so well right now, that I am worried that if I tweak my throw, it may blow everything. So maybe I should just play a round and keep doing what I am doing now. It would probably be good to build my current technique into my muscle memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home