March 15, 2011 - Early Round with Simon at Delaveaga
A few days ago, I decided that I will quit worrying about getting better or worse. For the next month, I will just go out, play disc golf and have fun, not worry about my performance.
That philosophy did not even last one round! On the first hole or two this morning, I started wondering if my run-up was causing me problems. Maybe I should go back and just try a one step throw.
After experimenting on a few holes, I found that I was throwing just about as far with a one step as I had been throwing with a full run up. I had pretty good success the rest of the round. I don't quite have the aiming down yet, I would often throw a bit too far to the right or left or up or down, but it seemed like I had a pretty consistent release.
So I need to work on my aiming to make sure that I consistently throw it in the direction that I want the disc to go. I don't think this will be too difficult, just need some focused practice on aiming.
After I am comfortable with my one step throws, I plan to slowly add back extra steps. Go to a two step throw, get comfortable with it. Then go to an x-step throw. Well, that is the current plan anyway.
That philosophy did not even last one round! On the first hole or two this morning, I started wondering if my run-up was causing me problems. Maybe I should go back and just try a one step throw.
After experimenting on a few holes, I found that I was throwing just about as far with a one step as I had been throwing with a full run up. I had pretty good success the rest of the round. I don't quite have the aiming down yet, I would often throw a bit too far to the right or left or up or down, but it seemed like I had a pretty consistent release.
So I need to work on my aiming to make sure that I consistently throw it in the direction that I want the disc to go. I don't think this will be too difficult, just need some focused practice on aiming.
After I am comfortable with my one step throws, I plan to slowly add back extra steps. Go to a two step throw, get comfortable with it. Then go to an x-step throw. Well, that is the current plan anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home