February 27, 2011 - Morning round at Delaveaga
I had planned to do a field session on Sunday morning. I got to the course and it was 36 degrees out! I really did not want to do a field session when it is so cold, so I decided to play a round. I was having a nice round by the time I got to hole 13 which is where I usually have my field sessions. By this time, it was 9am and it had warmed up considerably. Since it was so cold earlier, there were not many people on the course. So I decided to throw a few drives. Two hours later I finally decided that I had enough. So I played holes 13 to 20, back to the parking lot and went home.
My play up to hole 13 was pretty good. I had several nice drives. A bit inconsistent, but pretty good. I started the field session with some standstill throws. Then I went to a one step throw. I spent most of the first hour on this. Then I used a full x-step throw. About 3/4's of the way through the session, I was making some really nice throws. Also, I was having success with my Valkyrie, my TeeBirds and even my Rogues. I have never been able to throw those discs well before. I was actually overpowering my road runners. I was also working on throwing the discs a bit higher. They were gliding farther with more height. The only problem is that I was not throwing them very straight, but I was getting some extra distance. Towards the end of my session, I was getting pretty tired and my technique started falling apart.
The last few holes were mostly narrow shots and I struggled to stay in the fairway. I am not sure if it was because I was tired or I need to learn to control my new distance. I am interested to see if I can retain my distance in my next outing. And if I retain the new distance, if it will still be inconsistent. The next time I go out, I want to have another field session. If I keep the distance, I will go practice on a narrow hole and see if I can improve my aim. We will see!
My play up to hole 13 was pretty good. I had several nice drives. A bit inconsistent, but pretty good. I started the field session with some standstill throws. Then I went to a one step throw. I spent most of the first hour on this. Then I used a full x-step throw. About 3/4's of the way through the session, I was making some really nice throws. Also, I was having success with my Valkyrie, my TeeBirds and even my Rogues. I have never been able to throw those discs well before. I was actually overpowering my road runners. I was also working on throwing the discs a bit higher. They were gliding farther with more height. The only problem is that I was not throwing them very straight, but I was getting some extra distance. Towards the end of my session, I was getting pretty tired and my technique started falling apart.
The last few holes were mostly narrow shots and I struggled to stay in the fairway. I am not sure if it was because I was tired or I need to learn to control my new distance. I am interested to see if I can retain my distance in my next outing. And if I retain the new distance, if it will still be inconsistent. The next time I go out, I want to have another field session. If I keep the distance, I will go practice on a narrow hole and see if I can improve my aim. We will see!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home