Creating Order

Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011 - Early round at Delaveaga

I played some holes and threw some drives in the field. When playing holes, I played pretty well. My drives were pretty good and my approach shots were excellent. I made a number of difficult approach shots. I am especially pleased with my forehand shots between 75 and 150 feet. I threw them very well. In fact, I only needed to make 5 putts on 13 holes. On the other 8 holes, my approach shots were so good that I could just drop the disc in the basket. Very nice.

Hmm, in some ways this is a sign of a lack of talent. The best players throw long, accurate drives that leave them with a putt for a birdie. Less talented players (like me at my best) make shorter, accurate drives that leave themselves with longer approach shots. The least talented players (like me at my worst) make shorter, inaccurate drives that leave themselves with long tricky approach shots.

Anyway, the point is that the best players do not need a good approach game, since they are always driving and putting. Less talented players need an accurate drive and an accurate approach shot.

The field session did not work out so well. The grass was very wet. After 20 or so throws, my towel was soaked. It got so bad that when I tried to "dry" off my disc, it would end up more muddy and wet than before I tried to "dry" it off. As a result, I could not get a good grip on the wet discs and I just quit my field session. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home