Creating Order

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

April 2, 2011 - April Monthly at Delaveaga

I have always said that I have never had a bad time playing disc golf. I got pretty close during this round. I played horribly! 23 Over. Ouch! I would play a few holes pretty well and then I would return to my lousy play. If it was any consolation, everyone in my group was playing poorly. I think we all set personal worsts!

One time I made a bad drive down a ravine. I threw the next disc softly back into the fairway. One of my playing partners says, "Nice, safe throw". About 15 seconds later, he says "Uh-Oh" followed by "I can't believe it, I have never seen that happen before". I look up and the disc is rolling right back down the ravine towards me! My whole day seemed like that.

Usually, when I am playing badly I at least have fun with the group that I am playing with. Everyone in my group was nice, but we all seemed to be in a bad mood. Oh well - I guess the experience is good for me. At least I hope so.

Worst of all, there wasn't even anything I could blame it on! The temperature was comfortable, occasionally, we would run into some wind, but it did not really affect my game. In fact I made my best throw into the heaviest wind that we saw all day. I got plenty of rest the night before. I had a nice breakfast. I drank plenty of water. I snacked on an energy bar mid-way through the round. I did not have any aches or pains. I just played lousy ... no excuses.

I stayed afterwords for a club meeting. I have been thinking that I should volunteer some of my time to the club. They have work days on Wednesday for course maintenance. But I am always working on Wednesday so I have not been able to go help. Anyway the club meeting was interesting, but they did not ask for any volunteer work so I just sat and listened and voted on various issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home