Training - Day 3
Today, I worked on the "Right Pec Drill". This drill, you take the disc and hold it on your chest at your right pectoral. You point your elbow towards the target. From there, you try to throw it as hard as you can. Pretty much, you keep your elbow pointed at the target and swing your lower arm towards the target. When you elbow is almost fully extended, you release the disc. Or rather you hope the disc is ejected from your grip. This drill is meant to teach you late acceleration. The hope is that during a full throw, the disc comes to your right pec at a relatively slow speed and then you accelerate from there.
I tried this drill a few months ago and it felt really awkward. When I began today, the drill seemed pretty awkward again. By the end of the hour, it was more comfortable. At the beginning, the discs sprayed to both sides. By the end of the session, the disc flights seemed better and the spray pattern was smaller.
When I began training, I thought I could work on different flaws independently. But I am beginning to suspect that it will not work that way. Essentially, I need to discard the whole throw. I will need to begin with the right pec drill to perfect the very last stage of my throw. Then I will need to work on the next to last stage of the throw, and so on.
I tried this drill a few months ago and it felt really awkward. When I began today, the drill seemed pretty awkward again. By the end of the hour, it was more comfortable. At the beginning, the discs sprayed to both sides. By the end of the session, the disc flights seemed better and the spray pattern was smaller.
When I began training, I thought I could work on different flaws independently. But I am beginning to suspect that it will not work that way. Essentially, I need to discard the whole throw. I will need to begin with the right pec drill to perfect the very last stage of my throw. Then I will need to work on the next to last stage of the throw, and so on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home