Creating Order

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Training - Day 8-9

I actually ended up taking 5 days off, since it rained Sunday night/Monday morning. So I started training again on Tuesday morning. It was better, but my arm speed is still not good. Clearly the problem goes deeper than just allegra. At my age, I think it will take some time to develop arm speed. I don't ever remember doing an activity where I tried to whip my arm in a backhand motion. Several sports require arm speed for forehand, but not many for backhand. It will just take time and effort.

I am feeling a little down about it, since I am not sure if I will ever have much backhand arm speed. Having said that, my technique has already improved and shown some results. Clearly, the lower arm speed will cap my development at some point, but I don't think I am anywhere close to that point. So I will keep plugging away, trying to make my form better and better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home