New Training Plan
I am unsatisfied with the progress I am making during my training sessions. I find that I tend to lose focus after not too long. I will start the session with a goal in mind. I will work on it for a few throws. But before long, my mind has wandered and I am just repetitiously throwing the discs. For that reason, I think I will modify my training plan.
Recently, a friend was telling me that college football practices have become more regimented. The practices consist of short intense drills which last 10 to 15 minutes at most. Then a horn blows and the players move on to the next drill. The idea is that if the players are always doing something new, they can keep their focus. If the drills are relatively short, then they will put intense effort into each drill.
I am thinking of changing my training routine to something similar. For example, I might spend the first 15 minutes working on accelerating through the release. I might spend the next 15 minutes on pulling close to the chest, etc.
When I am starting to make a change in my technique, I want to focus more on each throw. Before I make a throw, I want to stop myself, think about what I am trying to accomplish with that throw, take a few practice swings and then throw. This may result in fewer actual throws, but hopefully it will make for a more effective training session.
Recently, a friend was telling me that college football practices have become more regimented. The practices consist of short intense drills which last 10 to 15 minutes at most. Then a horn blows and the players move on to the next drill. The idea is that if the players are always doing something new, they can keep their focus. If the drills are relatively short, then they will put intense effort into each drill.
I am thinking of changing my training routine to something similar. For example, I might spend the first 15 minutes working on accelerating through the release. I might spend the next 15 minutes on pulling close to the chest, etc.
When I am starting to make a change in my technique, I want to focus more on each throw. Before I make a throw, I want to stop myself, think about what I am trying to accomplish with that throw, take a few practice swings and then throw. This may result in fewer actual throws, but hopefully it will make for a more effective training session.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home